HOW TO KILL BOREDOM?
(EVEN IF YOU HAVE NOTHING TO DO)
A small change in perspective can have a profound impact on your life.
Here’s the film I’m talking about:
So here are the 7 reminders from this beautiful movie to never ever feel bored again:
- We take our life too seriously: We get so serious in our pursuit for aspirations that we tend to constantly remain unhappy. We forget to thank people already in our lives and we forget to thank for everything we already have.
So the next time you feel bored, start thanking God for everything you have. Your hands, eyes, nose, hair, parents, relatives , friends, life etc..
- Don’t let your past ruin your present or future: As Tony Robbins quite often says, your past failures doesn’t reflect your future. Because your past is not equal to your future.
Though we know this well and have heard it often we are hardwired to run the same patterns again and again. When put in a situation that has bad memories attached, we tend to run the same patterns again. We start behaving the same way as we did before.
So the next time consciously break that pattern and start over again. You can write a beautiful future for yourself
- Its not your fault! There are instance in the movie where Kiara(Alia Bhatt) thinks of herself as cheap and dirty because of her past relationships. But is it all your fault?
“How many chairs do we try before buying one? Then whats the problem in going through your options before choosing your life partner?”
- Answers lie within you: Every answer to your life is within. No once pull you out of your problems. No one can pull you out of your boredom. One can remind you and show you the missing pieces in your life but you will have to find answers to your boredom.
“Life is like a Jigsaw Puzzle. I can help you find the missing pieces but you have to complete the game.”
- Talk to your parents and inner circle: No matter where you are in your life, how young, old or successful you might be but there is that group of 5 people who matter the most to you. These are people who know you in and out. They know your fears, talents, strengths and weaknesses.
When having conversations with them you can never feel bored. Because you don’t fear being judged. And you can be yourself.
- Don’t judge and never be bothered of others judging you: Society is always judging you. And if you keep thinking about what others are going to think about you, you will end up unhappy and fed up of life.
Do whatever you want to do and don’t judge others who are doing what they want to. You will be happier this way and boredom will be hiding in a closet 1000 miles away from you.
- Express Yourself: For me, this is the ultimatum. If you are expressing yourself fully, 24*7, there is no way you are going to be bored in life.
Since childhood you have been taught not to express yourself. Put a smile on your face when you are angry. Wipe you tears and don’t let others see your weaknesses.
“If you can’t cry properly, then how are you going to laugh properly?”
All in all, enjoy the small things that make you happy and live life to your fullest. Don’t stress yourself in pursuit. Don’t blame yourself for everything. Live, love and breathe and be thankful for things you already have in life. You will find yourself filled within things to be happy about.
Happiness kills Boredom
This was initially written for Quora (already got 8000+ views) : Read Esmaeel Akther’s answer to what to do when everything in life feels boring?
About the author: